Smarter strategies that help adapt to ever-changing global opportunities and risks.
Fabien Ouellette, as Portfolio Manager at Q Wealth Partners, uses a rigorous strategic and tactical asset allocation process to ensure clients are always properly diversified. The following is a summary of Fabien’s seven core investment planning beliefs & principles, which are expanded on below:
- Every client should have a basic financial plan completed before an investment strategy can effectively be recommended;
- Client’s risk profile must include an analysis of their risk tolerance and risk capacity;
- The initial financial plan and risk profile provides the necessary information needed to create an appropriate Investment Policy Statement (IPS), which clearly explains the client’s customized investment strategy;
- The management of asset allocation forms the basis of each investment plan, including tactical ranges for each asset class, enabling active allocation tilts as required based on market conditions;
- The active use of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) is encouraged, and forms the basis of regional, country and asset class allocations;
- The selection and management of individual stocks should be performed by a registered Portfolio Manager who is a fiduciary and has access to advanced tools and processes within a discretionary environment, enabling the quick and efficient adjustments needed in today’s markets;
- I advocate the use of Technical Analysis, which should be used in concert with Fundamental Analysis when managing individual stocks.